{ padding-top:30px; }



Happy Earth Day {7 Upcycle Ideas to Love}

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hey all!  It's Earth Day, so I thought I'd share a few of my upcycled projects here from A&A.  Together we can channel Captain Planet and save the world one crafty-cute project at a time.
Let's start with A&A's most popular post to date.  Paper bags upcycled to super cute wreath.  Even the backing and hanger on this project are recycled materials.  You can make this gold one...or one for Christmas.

Here is maybe my favorite project of the year {so far}:  Mardi Gras Bead Wreath.  This gem is made from beads I collected at this year's parade in Shreveport.

Here's a recent upcycle.  Ruined white T to rosette hair clip.

This project came from my sister's wedding back in September.  Recycling wine corks into place card holders.  Just use a box cutter to make a slice for the card and a precision saw to make the bottom flat.

How about this Anthro knock off?  Just find some old worn out spoons at a thrift shop and you too can make a set of these awesome kitchen hooks.

Instead of buying new pillows I recovered my existing throws.  I give you my pattern here.  You can easily make your own custom pattern and recover your pillows for any season.  

And...my fanciest upcycle yet...updating a landfill couch and love seat into a chic set of patio furniture.

Enjoy the ideas and keep cycling!
Amy





Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. Kristi said...:

    Oh Amy....those wine corks are FABULOUS!!! What great upcycling ideas you have here. I'm so happy you linked up at Mop It Up Mondays. Your comment was so kind and made me smile big! Hope you have a great week!

    {HUGS},
    kristi

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Hello Amy, I just found your blog through Between Naps on the Porch. Welcome to the Shreveport/Bossier/Barksdale area. I have been in this area since my husband retired from the military. There are some great places to shop, eat and dream in the area, but not always easy to find. I hope you enjoyed this past weekend at the air show at Barksdale. As I am a nurse and worked this past weekend I missed it. If you like mexican food the locals love the old El Chico's on Greenwood road in Shreveport, great chicken enchiladas. The best strawberry pie I have ever tasted is at Strawns which is on Kings Highway across the street from Centenary college in Shreveport.Superior Grill on Line in Shreveport is a loud and fun place for mexican food and margaritas with live music, Monjunis on Louisiana Avenue in Shreveport(the original) is a very good Italian restaurant the pasta salad is my favorite. A great lunch place is Rolling in the Dough on Capt. Shreve drive in Shreveport (their bread is all home baked ...to die for!) Fertitta's on Fairfield rd for Muffalettas, My favorite food is sea food and since I read that is something you do not like I will leave off Ernest Restaurant on Spring st in Shreveport, but if you ever decide to try try it here. A fun consignment shop for furniture is Home Again on Youree Drive and on Burt Kouns the Goodwill has a Unique shop that is a great place to shop for nicer goodwill products. New to You is a nice clothing consignment shop on Shreveport Barksdale Highway in Shreveport. There is a beautiful little town south of Shreveport worth checking out... especially for their Christmas lights is Natchitoches. Jefferson Tx which is just west of Shreveport is a beautiful little town to visit and do a little antique and junk shopping. There is an Ellis Pottery (similar to the one in Bossier) to check out right before you get into Jefferson. Another great day trip is to Monroe to visit Biedenharn gardens and don't forget to drink one of their 5cent cokes. You can eat dinner at a sweet little Italian restaurant Geno's on 8th street, they have outdoor dinning it is an old restaurant with north Italy foods. Trenton Ave in West Monroe is known as Antique alley and a great place to spend a lazy Sat afternoon. A monthly flea market known as Bonnie and Clyde Days is in Arcadia Louisian off of I 20 and Luigis is a little restaurant in Arcadia I love their Chicken Faita salad and also their chicken fried steak dinners. Another good restaurant in Arcadia is Country cottage next to the Sonic make sure you eat one of their homemade fried pies incredible!!
    This is a bit long but I remember being a military wife in a new area and wanting to know some good places to eat shop or just have a good time with my husband.
    Jody
    Ps I had a very difficult time posting my comment. I ended up having to use the anonymous choice as all other id choices would not verify.

  1. Great post! The Mardi Gras bead wreath is my favorite, too!

  1. Oh my goodness! Such awesome projects! I think the patio furniture is my favorite...but it is soooo hard to pick a favorite...

  1. I love the tshirt rosette and the patio couch. You made some amazing tranformations. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

Post a Comment

contact bubble

.