{ padding-top:30px; }



Little Life Update

Monday, April 30, 2012
Once upon a time there was a girl who really wanted a career.  She didn't think she'd get married...because there would be less time for work {and she was a bit selfish.}

Then her BFF started seeing someone, and she couldn't take it.  If he was going to spend time with someone it really should be her.  So, in a selfish act...because she didn't want to have to share him with anyone else, she started dating him.

Then she did the unthinkable and married him...just to be sure they'd always be best friends.

And that leads us to now.  Now she realizes that the thought of not getting married is ridiculous for her.  She needs that boy.  All the time.  And maybe sometimes...he needs her.

Surprise ending.  The girl is me and the boy is Derek.

I wanted to preface what I'm going to share today with a little background.

God has a way of spinning our lives in such a way that we must rely on Him...if we let Him.  My life has unfolded in a way that I never expected.  He has taken me on a journey and shown me that He loves using the underdog for His glory.

Graduating from college and getting a job and diving into work, I got married and I work from home.  It seems like we pick up and move all the time.  Further hindering the career path I had envisioned.  But here we are.  Here I am.  And I find that the times that I take the burden on my own shoulders are the most painful.  Even if I don't like to live like it...I know God always has a plan.  I prayed and told Him to unleash His possibility in my life.  So, day by day I try to remember that and have faith that He's doing just that.

I really need to remember that.

Especially now...as I sit home, alone.

Yep...it was pretty bad.
Where's Derek?  Lemme explain.  You know we are moving to Minot, ND.  Well...Derek got orders to be up there by May 5, without dependents.  {That's me.}  It's all because of that nasty flood the city experienced last summer.  There is still a housing shortage.  So until he can secure housing for us, he was asked to come alone.



Meanwhile, I'm here...in a house that won't sell.  Bummer.  Because if the house was sold I'd go up to Minot and stay in a hotel.  The Air Force may be the boss of Derek, but they are not the boss of me.  But since the house is still on the market, I'm here until an offer comes through.  Just to make sure the house stays looking nice, the lawn mowed, and to oversee the selling process.

We loved this house and put a lot of heart and soul into it.  It breaks my heart a bit that it is still on the market.  That an offer hasn't come through yet.  Mostly because I feel like I'm to blame.  Like I didn't pray enough, like I wasn't faithful enough, like I should have done more.

So I'll wait.  And in the meantime I've got a list of projects I'd like to get done.  I don't sleep very well when Derek is gone, so it's prime time to craft into the wee hours of the morning.

When the house does sell, I'll be headed north as well.  With Panda cat.  Yikes.  Then a whole new chapter of life will start for me and Derek.  A new chapter that I never saw coming...which can only mean God is blessing me with another opportunity to trust in Him and abandon my own little plan.

Please pray that our house sells.  I really appreciate it.  I'll keep you posted.

Amy
Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. Amanda Dunn said...:

    Beautiful post Amy. I love the way you write! I will be praying for the house to sell quickly but also for your heart to heal quickly from seeing it go. :)

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Great post! God has a timeline and he's certainly keeping you faithful. I'm praying for you!
    Tracey Sarvis

  1. Amy said...:

    Thank you guys! Your comments have lifted me up this evening. Love to you both.

    Amy

  1. Ahhh, just stumbled on your blog. My husband has been active duty for 25+ years, and you are right, sometimes military life can put a big ole pot hole in your path. Keep the faith that God will guide you, cause he will! I always look back and think "ahhh, that's what I was supposed to learn or this lead to that!" :)

  1. Thiru said...:

    Wow huge of collection you have great. cheap postcards and letterhead printing . Different post about appointment cards .

Post a Comment

contact bubble

.