{ padding-top:30px; }



We are in!

Monday, July 9, 2012
I can't even start to believe that it's been 10 days since I've written to you.

I don't like that one bit.

But it's pretty inconvenient that we don't have internet at the house yet.  So whenever I need to get online I come over to the library.  Whenever I'm here I stake out the same table, by the same window and work for hours at a time.

I'm an Internet bum.

So I'll keep it short and sweet.  And I'll tell you that the cable guy comes on Thursday...we can chat more then.  I'm sure I'll be like a kid with a pixie stick high when I have all the Google I want.

This is sounding more pathetic by the minute.

Back to the point at hand.

We are in the house.  We own the house {well...the back actually paid for it...and we have a big IOU to the back...but it's our debt...}.  How about this:  We closed on the house!  The movers came so we have furniture.

Now, let me just tell you about the movers.  When they showed up at the door I was pretty nervous about my stuff.  I opened the door to find two teenagers on my porch.  Just two of them.  Fresh from high school.  Um...Hi...I have a 1000 lb piano in the truck...where's the real crew?

But skepticism aside they did fine.  Poor guys were at our place until 11pm unloading and setting up furniture.

They were short handed so I had to pitch in and do inventory as they unloaded the truck.  And let me tell you this:  when your stuff is put in a list and read off...it really occurs to you that you have too much junk.  Like whoa, baby way too much junk.

Seriously.  Look at this...a list of every furniture piece and loaded box in the truck.
And I'm only 25.  How did I accumulate such a massive collection.

So now I'm planning a yard sale.

Back to the story.  After last year's DIY move I'll say I like this much better.  Things were pretty chaotic, but Derek and I didn't throw our backs out lifting and moving.  Instead I checked off items and Derek drank soda on the porch.  We felt pretty guilty...but liability says we have to let them do the moving.

Once everything was inside it looked like King Tut's tomb.  A mass of boxes and furniture.  Stacked, layered, tilted on end...crammed into our little house.  After they left Derek and I took a look around and said..."Let's just go upstairs and pretend like it's all put away."

I unloaded and arranged in record time.  I did most of it solo while Derek was on a flight the following day.  It took about 13 hours to get everything sorted and all the boxes emptied {except the ones being stored in the basement...}  I think that's some kind of record.  Panda kitten was a big help.

So that's the story.  Things are shaping up.  Just how I like it.

Now, I'm afraid that I've got to get back to "real" work.  {ie: working on the new website, getting resumes put together...you know...the kind of work that isn't really fun at all.}

I'll see you again soon.

Amy
Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Thanks for the update Amy! Please send new addy info!
    Jon & Kel

Post a Comment

contact bubble

.